What if my spouse is uncontactable or I cannot find them?

By 9 February, 2018

There are provisions under the Family Law Act to enable you to make an Application either for substituted service of your Application on another person who may bring it to your spouse’s attention or where there is no possibility of that occurring, to actually dispense with service. Again we will obtain information from you as to whether we can serve the Application on a person such as a relative or close friend of your spouse or even adult child who would bring the Application to the attention of your spouse. Alternatively, we can prepare an Affidavit which indicates that you have taken all reasonable steps to identify where your spouse is located but to no avail. It is usual in those circumstances that the Court will allow the Application to proceed in any event.